Monday, January 21, 2008

Glue Resist Background Technique



LinkThese are my results for the Glue Resist Background Technique for NGS and Trish Bee. I used Aleene's tacky glue and color box pigment cat's eye ink pads. I spread the glue all over a piece of cardstock with a 'fake' credit card. Next, I took the credit card and cut out triangles which left a 'forked' edge (as shown in Trish's Tutorial). I used the forked edge to create the designs in the glue and let them dry over night. For the next step, I used the ink pad to spread ink over the entire page and then used a paper towel to remove the ink from the dried glue. I think next time I need to use less glue and make smaller backgrounds. These were done on half sheets. The next step is to add these to my Background Techniques journal along with the directions. I will probably not be able to get to that step until after our trip to Antartica. I'm trying to finish up all the swaps and other challenges before leaving so some things will have to wait. Thank for looking. I love any comments. Oops, I just noticed, I forgot to do the second technique. I will if I have time before I go but me thinks it isn't going to happen.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Trina, these are great... and it's so addictive making the backgrounds innit?!!
Rosie (NGS)

Carol said...

Great backgrounds. I can tell you had fun. Looking forward to what you create with them.