Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday


While I was in the studio working, I came across a strip of adhesive ABC's. I wondered how quickly could I create something simple with them. Here's the Happy Birthday 4x4 I came up with. First, I took out a 4x4 Board Book page I had already sanded and covered in Gesso. I stamped it all over with silver pigment ink and moldable foam tip that I had heated and pressed int a leaf stamp. I then embossed it with clear embossing powder. All was well until I spread paint over it with a paint dauber bottle and the wiped off the excess. OOPS....the embossing started peeling. From there I attached the ABC strip, the fibers and balloon buttons and wrote Happy Birthday. I was disappointed that the embossing peeled off so I didn't bother finding at birthday stamp. Learning by doing I guess.

No comments: