Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mixed Media Monday


Here's my entry for Mixed Media Monday - Numbers. The backgrounds are made from alcohol inks. I did it on cardstock and not glossy paper so the effects of inks were very muted and sucked into the paper. Pearl Ex was the medium I was Playing With.

Upper Left: I stamped the #4 with versamark and sprinkled Pearl Ex. The Pearl Ex stuck every where it landed so I had to brush it off. I adhered a punched tree and covered it with Crystal Laquer and sort of went other off it to give the illusion of tree full of leaves (SPRING)

Upper Right: Stamped #4 with a mixture of Pearl Ex and CL. used a versamark ink pad to spread ink on half the card and dipped it in UTEE. Melted the UTEE and redipped about 4 times. I then put the punched tree in the warm UTEE and inked it more and dipped about 5 more times in UTEE. When cooled and dry, I cracked the UTEE and spread blue pigment ink over it. Wiped off the excess ink which left blue in the cracks and redid the UTEE two more times to look like water?? (SUMMER)

ON the lower left one I mixed Pearl Ex into PVA Glue and stamped #4. I adhered the punched tree on a piece of cardstalk and cut out. I put CL on the tree to add dimention. I ran a Paint Dauber around the edges. (FALL)

Lower Right: Again I used the Pearl Ex mixture into PVA glue and stamped the #4. After attaching the punched tree I used a Zig Zigns pen to paint the white. I also add the CL to the tree for dimension. (WINTER)

So that was a fun exercise

2 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous pieces! I love Pearl Ex too. Thanks for participating on Mixed Media Monday. Diane

AlexaCzar said...

its very nice your ATCs.
Great Work