Thursday, November 29, 2007

NGS & Theme thursday challenges


This little work of art was done for the challenges for the NGS group as well as Theme Thursday It incorporates 3 of the NGS challenges, Image, Wintery Colors and Square Art. The image was provided. I used a piece of metallic paper and covered it with crystal laquer. I placed the image on it. Next I added the snowflakes and buttons. I needed more CL to help them adhere securely. Next, I stamped the words from a little kit I had purchased eons ago. (Yea, Got to use what I had) Next I remembered about 10 years ago I was made little snow globes from baby food jars for Christmas and had left over 'snow'. I put more CL on the bottom of the image and sprinkled it with the 'snow' I overdid it a bit and now it looks like a snowdrift instead of lightly fallen snow. Lastly I took a sharpie and went around the edges of the image as well as the whole piece.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is really stunning. Fabulous color and a sweet image. Love it.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very pretty artwork. Gorgeous image & I love the buttons.

Rosie said...

Great combination of elements - you've put them all together really well :D

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Looks great, love the buttons.